I don’t expect anyone to read this blog or pay any attention to my ramblings. It is for me. I had a look at my life – completely consumed by this little person who is in my sole care (my son) and realised that I didn’t have a clearly defined hobby, one that was just for me one which would give me a bit of extra motivation to my week, and that could help me define one day which now scarily blurs in to the next (such is the life of a SAHM).
So that’s how I found myself here. Food and rambling – why not combine two of my great loves into one format. A food blog isn’t unique, in fact it is somewhat nauseatingly common, but I’m not going to let that phase me.
So let’s see where this takes me. Let’s see where it goes and what I can document along the way. All I know at this point is that it will be my form of escapism in an edible fashion.
But first, a little bit about me………
I am a:
slavemother to toddler
- sandgroper (name for someone from Western Australia)
- blogging novice
- food and wine enthusiast
- cooking amateur
- food reviewer wannabe
- my kitchen. I am not the world’s best cook but I am enthusiastic. I prefer to cook with a glass of wine in hand. Unfortunately my skill decreases at a rate proportionate to the amount of wine consumed.
- eating out, preferably somewhere with well cooked food, amiable service and inviting ambience. These qualities are somewhat hard to find in Perth amongst all of the shyster eateries which seem to be in the majority.
- wine. And copious amounts of it. I don’t profess to be an aficionado, but I like to think that my knowledge spans wider than the difference between Stanley Fruity Lexia and Coolabah Fruity Lexia.
- travelling. I love to travel, eating and drinking my way through whichever destination I happen to find myself in. I have traveled to Europe multiple times, USA, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Bali. I am slowly making my way through the wine regions of Australia, those I have visited are: Margaret River, Swan Valley, Great Southern WA, Barossa Valley, Yarra Valley, Hunter Valley – I’m well on my way!